Saturday, February 2, 2013

Spicy Egg curry

Some months ago, I got this recipe from my neighbor and I like it very much. My egg curry is a coconut based one, while her's is a very spicy curry and it is a popular dish in North Indian restaurants.


Ingredients:

Egg - 4
corn oil - 1/4 cup
red onion - 1 (big)
tomato puree - 2 tbsp
cilantro - handful
red chilly powder - 1 tsp
black pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
cinnamon - 1 inch
cloves - 2 (crushed)
cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
coriander powder - 3 tsp
turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
salt - to taste

Method:
Keep the eggs in enough water to cover. Bring to boil, reduce to low and cook in low flame for 10 minutes. Discard hot water immediately, add cold water, peel. Boiled eggs are ready now. Make 3 slits (without cutting the eggs totally) and keep aside.

Heat oil in a pan, add crushed cloves, cinnamon stick and fry for 10 seconds. Immediately add finely chopped onion and fry till it gets soft and brown. Then add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell vanishes (less than a minute). Add the tomato puree and cook till oil separates. Then add the chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and fry for a few seconds. Then add 1/4 cup water, salt and cook covered in low flame. Then add the boiled egg, stir well. Garnish with chopped cilantro.

Spicy egg curry is ready!

Serving suggestions:
Serve with chapati or rice.

6 comments:

divyagcp said...

Love this spicy egg curry.. Yum!!

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Delicious and mouthwatering egg curry.
Deepa

My World My Home said...

I love egg curry.....delicious.. :-)

divya said...

looks so tempting n delicious..

Priya Suresh said...

Droolworthy spicy egg curry,love with sambar rice.

Vikis Kitchen said...

Niru: Pepper powder should be added along with all other powders I mentioned. I think I forgot to include that in my recipe. Thanks Niru.
Also, I tried to leave a comment in your payasam post, but I couldn't write a comment, as the word verification format is not accessible.
Thanks , anyways the kheer looks very yummy and I wanted to appreciate it....my favorite too:)

Chow chow Paruppu koottu and peel thogayal

Chow chow / Bangalore Kathirikai / Chayote  A dal curry paruppu koottu with chow chow and a spicy chutney using it's peel (chow chow tho...