Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Happy Pongal,


Wishing all a happy and prosperous Pongal !

Pongal greetings Photo courtesy : click here.
Here is what I did during Pongal:
I prepared aviyal and pongal puli kulambu on the night before Pongal , as I wanted to make sure that I give this as lunch pack along with rice for my hubby the next morning.
On Pongal morning I made Sarkarai pongal and paruppu.
Here are some pictures to enjoy !


My sarkarai pongal (in NJ, USA)  in the new pot I got as Christmas gift from my hubby and Shakthi.

Sarkarai Pongal with Aviyal
Pongal puli kulambu with aviyal and appalam
My nieces Abinaya , Narthana's Rangoli in Tuticorin (photo sent by my brother Saravanan).

A Rangoli in my chithi's house in Athoor.

My chithi's neighbor's beautiful Rangoli for Pongal and colored with the help of local kids. 
My pongal grocery haul :) Jaggery, new rice bag, banana. :) 

Vegetables I bought for Pongal :) It is traditional to include all the vegetables on that day , wow , what an excuse for me to buy all these veggies :) 

No comments:

Chow chow Paruppu koottu and peel thogayal

Chow chow / Bangalore Kathirikai / Chayote  A dal curry paruppu koottu with chow chow and a spicy chutney using it's peel (chow chow tho...