Friday, March 6, 2015

A homely Tamilnadu style vegetarian meals

Snow days are for enjoying nice food , movies together and happiness in family. I wanted to create some lovely platter for our lunch that would resemble a vegetarian restaurant meal. I had this beetroot dessert on hand, which we (yes, my hubby dear helped me by shredding the beets) prepared the previous night, as we wish for something sweet on weekends:) So the cooking got easier for me :)
Have a look and tell me if you enjoy my version of a simple the South Indian vegetarian meals platter I prepared for us.
Tamilnadu vegetarian meals
Valentine's day gifts from hubby: A 16 cup rice cooker with steamer basket from Aldi. I love this very much !



White Rice (I cooked using my rice cooker, which I got as Valentine's day gift from my hubby dear), mullangi sambar or Radish sambar, broccoli usili, cabbage poriyal, tomato / thakkali koottu, homemade curd, beetroot halwa, Appalam, vadagam vathal that we brought from our home town Tirunelveli (Palayamkottai market).

3 comments:

Fullscoops said...

Totally enjoy it! That would make a filling meal!

sriharivatsan said...

Kudos to your commitment in running the blog consistently. The platter is inviting dear!

Vikis Kitchen said...

Beaulah, sriHariVatsan : Thank you friends.
@SriHariVatsan : Hi, How are you? Eager to see your recipes soon. Thanks for remembering and visiting .,I am very glad :)

Tomato rice in Briyani Flavor

Tomato rice in home style was the first tomato rice we all used to take to school (in my childhood). Then afterwards it was jazzed up by our...