Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Desserts for Thanks giving

Before we enter into the next month, let me post the photos of the simple dessert table I kept for Thanks giving. It was not extremely formal but met my satisfaction to some level.

Here is how I planned the lunch....

*I started planning 5 days ahead and kept a check list as usual. It included some main points like preparing home made yogurt with whole milk, buying the ingredients, preparing desserts,grinding the masalas, preparing base masala, ghee making , marination time calculation.

*Buying some desserts instead of preparing is a good idea to reduce the stress. I bought an apple pie and some pomegranates to give it a real Thanksgiving look.

*On Monday I prepared the pistachio ice cream.

*I prepared a carrot cake and did icing to honor Jesus, saying 'Thank You'. I baked it by Tuesday and kept it refrigerated to get a even surface. Did the icing with store bought cream cheese frosting and home made colored icing, while the chicken was in the oven on Thursday morning.


I finished setting this dessert table, arranging all the dinnerware, serve ware on Wednesday, that made my job easy on Thanksgiving Thursday.

Keeping a side table solely for desserts and  dinnerware would make it easy.

*Keep all the coke / drinks in refrigerator for better taste, but leave a few in the table to give some idea to the guests.

Thanks giving cake.

11 comments:

Sandhya Hariharan said...

tats a beautifully set table with proper pre planning..

Manju said...

carrot cake, pistachio icecream and apple pie too! wow! that is some dessert menu for thanksgiving.

Vikis Kitchen said...

Sandhya: Thank you dear! I tried my best to make it a look good for our nice friends.

Vikis Kitchen said...

Manju: Thank you dear! Desserts are my hubby's favorite and he wanted something really special. As most of the items I prepared were non veg, I took some effort in having more desserts for that whole weekend:) He got a pack of Soanpapdi sweets also as gift and that made it more merrier:)

Christy Gerald said...

WooWWW!,My tastebuds are wet after seeing Ur Desserts spread there.Yum Yum.Hope U had a taste-filled weekend. Luv it.

Vikis Kitchen said...

Francesca: Thank you dear....carrot cakes are always my first choice too:)

Vikis Kitchen said...

Christy: Thanks dear! yes I give more importance to desserts , as it is the main course for my husband:)

Unknown said...

that is one pretty table setting with desserts..post the close up picture of the ice cream so that someone can lick the screen!

Vikis Kitchen said...

Lizy: Thanks dear! Excited on seeing your comment:) Keeping it in mind dear!

Shaheen said...

A lovely table spread with lots of good homely good. Happy Thanksgiving.

Vikis Kitchen said...

Thanks Shaheen. I too enjoyed your blog and amazed at your love for vegetables. Keep visiting dear.

Ulunthu kazhi

Ulunthu Kali is a highly energetic food, rich in protein and vitamins. This kaLi is given to girls who have reached puberty for nearly 16 da...