Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A humble request.

Dear Friends ,
I came to know that many of the Catholic Churches in USA are collecting grocery items for the food pantry . I have never seen a concept like this before. But I think it is a good mission during this recession period. They request the people to come and leave the new grocery items in the church every Sunday. They distribute the collected items to the needy.
If you are interested , please inquire the nearby RC Church and help them in their mission. You can just google 'Catholic church , zip code' and find their address , phone number.
The most needed items are Cereals,oats, canned - soup, tuna, fruits,vegetables, peanut butter, jelly, coffee,milk powder, cake mix, oil, biscuits, dry fruits, sugar, All purpose flour etc.
Even a single pack of cereal can help a family .
Please kindly bring new and unopened grocery items with valid shelf life.
Why don't we think of the needy atleast once in a month?
This is my personal request and not an advertisement from any organisation.
If you feel it appropriate , then please pass on this word to those who want to help others.
Lets spread the happiness through our blogs.
Thanks a lot,
VikiXavier.


Matthew 25: 35-40 "‘For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’
"Whatsoever you do for the least of My people,
That you do unto Me"

6 comments:

Cham said...

Even my local library and even grocery store do at my place. I didn't know about the church but Not a bad idea of helping people in need at this hard time!

Devasena Hariharan said...

Keep up the good work dear. May God be with you in all your endeavours.

Finla said...

My sister say in her place they also do the same.

Malar Gandhi said...

You are really doing a great job, buddy...as always...admire you! Wish I could help, in my area....

Yasmeen said...

Its common practice around here too,the churches,mosques and schools collect the non-perishable canned foods for needy and hungry.
Love that quote from Bible.Even Quran speaks in many verses about caring for needy.
thank you for reminding us about the importance of charity.God Bless:)

Vikis Kitchen said...

Thank you friends for your kindness.

Ulunthu kazhi

Ulunthu Kali is a highly energetic food, rich in protein and vitamins. This kaLi is given to girls who have reached puberty for nearly 16 da...